Boy Soldier: Coming Of Age During World War Ii
Russell E. McLogan was drafted out of Colleege into the Army on September 15, 1944, hastily trained to be a Rifleman replacement and sent to the Philippines where he joined the 6th Infantry Division in combat in the hills northeast of Manila. He lasted 67 days in combat and was wounded by Japanese machine gun fire in a battle in Northern Luzon. Evacuated to the island of Leyte, he spent the next 89 days in hospitals there recovering from his leg wound. The Army doctors considered him fit enough to be available for the proposed invasion of Japan. However, the Atom Bombs were dropped while he was recuperating so when he was discharged from the hospital in September of 1945, he rejoined the 6th Infantry Division just in time to sail off to Korea where he served in the Occupation, disarming the Japanese and sending them home and disposing of their munitions in the Yellow Sea. He was sent home for discharged on November 2, 1946.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Terrus Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780966344417
- ISBN: 0966344413
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: Reprint