Brand New World
Roberta Hanley made her feature directorial debut with this British drama based on the play by Jeff Noon about a civil war in the near future. The war zone is on a barren island where farmers toil in a manner recalling the days of the Industrial Revolution. Young single women are recruited and sent off to distant outposts, where sniper fire and explosions indicate the presence of the unseen enemy. This was filmed on the Isle of Man, with documentary-style camerawork plus input from military advisor Chris Byrne. Shown in competition at the 1998 AFI Film Festival. Bhob Stewart, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: UAV Corp
- UPC: 084296407309
- Region: Region 1