Brion Gysin: Here To Go
Brion Gysin is a legend. As an artist, author, filmmaker, and the long-term collaborator of William S. Burroughs, Gysin helped to develop the so-called Beat aesthetic from the beginning, influencing one of the most important American art movements of the last century and helping to shape decades of literature and art across the world.In Here to Go, Terry Wilson introduces us to this singular talent through Gysin's own words. Best known for his discovery of the cut-up technique and the invention of the Dreamachine, it was to painting and drawing that Gysin devoted his greatest efforts. Gysin was a man of diverse interests and strident opinion; the interviews collected here cover topics as diverse as magick and psychic warfare, and as intermingled as literature and drugs.With excerpts from Gysin's own written work and a rare extract from Gysin's original screenplay adaptation for Burrough'sNaked Lunch, this is the most complete assembly of Gysin's written work. And, with additional texts by Burroughs himself, this is the best introduction to the life, work, and philosophy of one of the 20th century's most neglected, yet visionary, polymaths.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Distribution Center
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Solar Books
- ISBN-13: 9780983248033
- ISBN: 0983248036
- Publication Year: 2012
- Edition: Reprint