When Benjamin Franklin Burdett and his son Arthur developed their streetcar suburb of Brookwood Hills in 1922, they chose land on the cusp of change, straddling the city and county line. The area, once populated by Native Americans, was the site of the opening shots of the bloody Battle of Peachtree Creek on July 20, 1864. Affluent homeowners in the early 20th century made this stretch of Peachtree Street, named "Brookwood" after society doyenne Emma Thompson's country mansion, one of Atlanta's most elegant neighborhoods. Today, Brookwood Hills, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is a leafy enclave of 350 homes within the city of Atlanta. Visitors call it an urban oasis; to city planners, it is a premier example of traditional neighborhood design. To the generations of families who have grown up in its homes, played at its park and pool, joined its clubs, and fought its battles, Brookwood Hills is something much more--it is their hometown.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Arcadia Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781467111225
- ISBN: 1467111228
- Publication Year: 2013