Cacao Cookbook: Discover The Health Benefits And Uses Of Cacao, With 50 Delicious Recipes
Cacao was once considered by ancient Mayan and Aztec civilisations as a food of the gods, an association that led to the cacao tree's scientific name Theobroma cacao, from the Greek words 'theo' (god) and 'broma' (food). In modern day it is undeniably one of the nature's healthiest ingredients; this Amazonian superfood is full of potent antioxidants (40 times more than blueberries), vitimins and minerals. In contrast, non-organic cocoa and chocolate has been chemically processed and roasted, destroying up to 90% of these vital antioxidants and flavanols. Studies have also revealed that adding dairy blocks the absorption of antioxidants in chocolate. Research shows that raw cacao contains anti-inflammatory and heart protective antioxidants which can help reduce the risk of strokes and improve blood circulation. Other elements found in cacao can help prevent premature ageing, balance hormones, improve digestion, combat fatigue and lower blood pressure. From the sweet to the savory, The Cacao Cookbook is packed with nutritious cacao recipes including breakfast smoothies, raw brownies, snack bars, steak, ice cream and homemade beauty products.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Fort Wayne
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Aster
- ISBN-13: 9781912023776
- ISBN: 1912023776
- Publication Year: 2018