Call Me Jack
Jack Hart is severely burnt and his mother and sister perish when their house is destroyed by a German V1 flying bomb. Jack spends 6 months in hospital. Jack's Father is a POW of the Japanese in Malaya; Jack has no one to care for him. On discharge from hospital, he is sent to Hastings as an evacuee. It is early 1945 and the children evacuation programme from London is almost at an end. Jack is sent anyway. The authorities believe that the relaxed atmosphere of the seaside will ease the trauma he has experienced. Jack meets Ben and they become good friends, enjoying together the adventures that only two eleven year old boys can. However, all good things must come to an end and Jack and Ben are returned to their local areas in London. On his return from being a prisoner of war, Jack's father is a broken man. In spite of Jack's efforts to help him, his Father can't cope and eventually succumbs to the brutality of the Japanese on the Burma railway. This is Jack's story of his search for love and about the people he meets on the way.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781981387755
- ISBN: 1981387757
- Publication Year: 2018