Carcinogens, Dna Damage And Cancer Risk: Mechanisms Of Chemical Carcinogenesis
As chemical exposures and cancer rates increase worldwide, there is a need for students, researchers, public health professionals, and physicians to understand the mechanisms connecting exposure with human cancer risk. This new book is an essential reference, as well as introduction to the field of chemical carcinogenesis, with particular focus on DNA damage as a critical link between exposure and disease, and emphasis on biomarkers associated with cancer risk in humans. In addition to DNA damage, related topics covered include metabolism of selected chemical carcinogens, exposure-induced epigenetic changes, cancer-associated mutations and reduction of DNA damage and cancer risk by chemoprevention. The book is designed to be a comprehensive guide to basic principles, a teaching tool for academics, and a map for the development of protective mechanisms to reduce human cancer risk.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789813237193
- ISBN: 9813237198
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1