Career Confusion: 21st Century Career Management In A Disrupted World
Career Confusion explores why there is career confusion in today's professional world. By examining the sequence of events and transitions that formed the current professional and career landscape, Dr. Tracey Wilen aims to encourage and guide readers to navigate this new job market with tact and gumption. In reviewing prior revolutions in the United States economy and job landscape, insights unfold on how the past has led us all to today, and how we can prepare for the continuing changes that will shape tomorrow. Career Confusion looks at how transitions have created skills gaps, new training requirements for jobs, different requirements for individuals and firm leaders, and myriad effects on education and educators. The book also discusses career planning, talent management, and job pursuit in the modern world with suggestions on what can be done at each stage. Career Confusion is a must-read for students preparing to enter the professional realm, and professionals will find helpful tips and insights that will aid their career trajectory, no matter the industry or experience in their career.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Peter Lang Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781433158469
- ISBN: 1433158469
- Publication Year: 2018