Cars Driven By Design: Sports Cars From The 1950s To The 1970s
The sports cars of the 1950s to the 1970s are fast, beautiful, eccentric and innovative. In recent decades these automobiles not only became coveted collector's items; they also enjoy cult statu s. In an exciting journey through time the volume presents 25 outstanding sports cars as design icons and illuminates their presentation in film and photography. As a design object beyond its practical purpose, the automobile has left an indelible mark on the world we live in. There is scarcely another everyday item which has been designed in a more sophisticated and inventive manner and which offers a larger projection area. This can be seen with particular clarity in the sports car. The volume pays homag e to a selection of exclusive sports cars by legendary manufacturers, from Porsche to Ferrari to Jaguar, as artworks in their own right and as a unity of form, technology, design and emotions. Essays, selected texts and biographies shed light on the multi - layered development of automobile design and introduce the vehicles and their designers .
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hirmer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783777431222
- ISBN: 3777431222
- Publication Year: 2019