This is a film of the dramatic Spanish language novel Celestina, written in 1499. In many ways, it resembles Romeo and Juliet, particularly in the need for secrecy in the wooing of a beloved and the troubles resulting from that secrecy. Callisto (Juan Diego Botto) enlists the aid of his roguish servants and the mature woman Celestina (Terele Pavez) to help him win the heart of Melibea (Penelope Cruz). In gratitude for Celestina's efforts, he rewards her with a sentimentally valuable article of clothing. When Callisto's two jealous servants hear of this, they try to get Celestina to give them what they feel is their "share" for their efforts on Callisto's behalf. Failing in this, they kill Celestina. Her friends discover her corpse and vow to get revenge for her murder, but it is Callisto whom they blame for it, not his miserable servants. Clarke Fountain, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Studio Latino
- UPC: 634991124737