There's nothing new on this compilation, no rare or unreleased gems. So why is it such a satisfying disc? Perhaps because Compass has gradually put together an impressive roster of Celtic artists (although Kate Rusby is English, not Celtic -- an important distinction). Lunasa, Sharon Shannon, and Paul Brady make for a powerful one-two-three leadoff, and if it stopped there, it would be impressive, but that's just the beginning. They have some of the very best talent from several generations, including younger talent like Bill Jones and Niall & Cillian Vallely. The tracks are well selected for a graceful glide of music. To anyone who has a few of these discs, this might be dispensable. But to anyone just looking to investigate the crop of Celtic (and more) sounds out there, this offers a great place to begin. ~ Chris Nickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: NAXOS OF AMERICA
- UPC: 766397435329