Child Sexual Abuse: A Primer For Treating Children, Adolescents, And Their Nonoffending Parents
Based on over 25 years of research, Child Sexual Abuse, Second Edition describes a premier, empirically supported treatment approach for children, adolescents, and non-offending parents/caregivers impacted by child sexual abuse. Developed to provide support and to alleviate symptoms and problem behaviors in children and adolescents, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for child sexual abuse incorporates treatment components that provide children and their caregivers with education and coping skills training, while simultaneously addressing the trauma. This book describes the nuts and bolts of treatment including trauma narrative development and processing activities that help to alleviate children's distress and feelings of shame associated with the abuse. Parents are also taught effective behavior management skills, and treatment often culminates with a focus on parent-child communication and enhancing safety and future development. This highly effective treatment model can be delivered in outpatient, school-based, residential, home, and/or group settings.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780199358748
- ISBN: 0199358745
- Publication Year: 2015
- Edition: 2