Children Of Circumstance
Kathleen Mannington Caffyn (nee Hunt) (1852- 1926) was an Irish-Australian novelist. She trained as a nurse and married a medical practitioner, and went with him to Sydney in 1880. She was a founder of the District Nursing Society in Victoria and served on its committee for around two years. Mrs. Caffyn contributed a story of some sixty pages to Cooee: Tales of Australian Life by Australian Ladies (1891), and wrote a novel A Yellow Aster, which was published in London in 1894 under the pseudonym of "Iota." It had an immediate success and was quickly followed by Children of Circumstance (1894), and by some 15 other volumes in the 20 years that followed. Amongst her other works are A Comedy in Spasms (1895), A Quaker Grandmother (1896), Anne Manleverer (1899) and Dorinda and Her Daughter (1910).
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781409971771
- ISBN: 1409971775
- Publication Year: 2009