Cinema As History: Michael Braut And Modern Quebec
With a career spanning more than five decades, director and cinematographer MichelBrault is one of the most influential figures in Qu b cois cinema. Brault's earlyworks, including Les Raquetteurs and Pour la suite du monde, reflect a previously unacknowledged andunfulfilled need on the part of Qu b cois society to see its own culture depictedonscreen, and helped spark a cultural renaissance in Quebec. His 1974 fiction feature Les Ordres,which deals with the Quebec Liberation Front crisis and the invocation of the War Measures Act, hasconsistently been listed as one of the best Qu b cois and Canadian films to date.Brault's work as cinematographer on groundbreaking films such as Claude Jutra'sMon oncle Antoine (1971) and Francis Mankiewicz's Les Bons D barras (1980) and hiscontributions to the development of the cinema-verit movement, have been equallysignificant.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Independence
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Indiana Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780968913260
- ISBN: 0968913261
- Publication Year: 2009