Civic Participation In Contentious Politics: The Digital Foreshadowing Of Protest
The book examines the highly dynamic political ecology ofrecent contentious politics and its expanding digital footprint. First, itlooks at the attainment of democratic citizenship through practice as streetprotests attract substantial numbers of followers who narrate their involvementor reflect on the claims and the implications of collective action on socialmedia. Secondly, it considers theramifications for contemporary democracy arising from the large-scale uptake ofsocial media by variegated protest networks, which no longer pivot on thecoordination capacity of bureaucratic movement organizations. The book tiesthese aspects together to propose that contentious politics can be a fertileground for progressive civic participation.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9781349701629
- ISBN: 1349701629
- Publication Year: 2016