Class, Culture And Education: Rle Edu L
This book examines the concepts of equality, class, culture, work and leisure and explores their interrelationship through the discussion of some current problems, especially the problems posed for schools for the culturally deprived. The debate about differential provision of schooling for different social groups is taken up through examination of the assumption that schools are middle-class institutions, and the claims and counter claims about the possibility of there being a common culture as the basis for a common curriculum in comprehensive schools. The concept of culture and, especially the meaning of working-class culture receives examination in this context as well as the thesis that any sub-culture constitutes an adequate or valid way of life.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780415500746
- ISBN: 0415500745
- Publication Year: 2011