Cognizable Object In Sa Skya Pandita: An Edition Of The First Chapter Of Tshad Ma Rigs Gter By Sa Skya Pandita And The First Chapter Of Tshad Ma Rigs Pa?I Gter Gyi Don Gsal Bar Byed Pa By
The volume is an introduction to one of the key concepts in Tibetan Buddhist epistemology, namely the object of cognition. The volume provides an overview of the notion of cognizable objects in Sa Skya Pandita (1182-1251), a short summary of Western research on that concept, followed by an edited translation of the first chapter of his fundamental work Tshad ma rigs gter together with the canonical commentary by Go rams pa (1429-1489). Both texts are translated into a European language for the first time.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Jagiellonian Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9788323343813
- ISBN: 8323343810
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: ANT TRA