Colonial Days In Old New York: Before, During And After The American Revolution
Colonial Days in Old New York is a treasure trove of facts about the life and times of the American colonists and the birth of our nation. Renowned historian and bestselling author Alice Morse Earle provides a vivid portrait of the daily lives of America's early settlers. From childhood to old age, from courtship and weddings to crime and punishment, from what they ate and drank to sports and entertainment, you'll discover what life was really like in America's colonial era. With a mix of anecdotes and intimate details, Earle brings America's bygone days to life. Earle is an acclaimed historian of America's colonial era. In the past many scholars dismissed her work, often because she was a woman, and her books focused on the details of everyday life. Since then she has earned her place as a one of the primary sources of America's early social history. "We all know that our country is great, far better than we know why it is great. And perhaps that is the best reason why we should love history. It makes us love our country." - Alice Morse Earle
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hva Pr Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781948697019
- ISBN: 1948697017
- Publication Year: 2018