Computing, Electronic Publishing And Information Technology: Their Impact On Academic Libraries
Read about the new and exciting initiatives in library computing and the broad range of implications for the organization and staffing of academic libraries. Now that the bibliographic, transaction, and financial databases in many libraries have been completely automated, the emphasis in library computing has moved away from internal library databases toward new areas. The uniquely qualified contributors to Computing, Electronic Publishing, and Information Technology analyze the profound impact that the computerization of academic libraries has had--and will continue to have--on the services, organization, and staffing of university libraries. They also address the concerns involved in electronic publishing and expert systems, including the design and marketing of electronic information products, design of expert systems, development of electronic publishing markets as joint responsibilities of publishers and librarians, changes in the role of library systems analysts, education for librarianship, and specifically the education of specialists in information technology.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780866567886
- ISBN: 0866567887
- Publication Year: 1988