Control And Instrumentation
The advances in control and instrumentation have played one of the most important roles towards the improvements in power plant operation and performance. The range of applications has resulted in maximising thermal efficiency; optimising flow, level, pressure and temperature regulation; on-line monitoring and control of water and steam purity; and the prevention of excursions in plant metal temperatures which if not controlled would lead to reduced life of components. This volume comprehensively covers all aspects of control and instrumentation and its application. It deals in detail with the selection, evaluation, specification and standards for systems. An introduction to control theory is included together with the use of pneumatic, electrical and electronic equipment for systems throughout the power plant. Also covered are automation, protection, interlocks, analysis, control room design, system integrity, on-line computer control, and control and instrumentation supplies.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Elsevier Science Serials
- ISBN-13: 9780080405162
- ISBN: 0080405169
- Publication Year: 1991
- Edition: 3