While Stone Temple Pilots may not be sincere alternative rockers, they do know how to write a killer riff, which is why their debut album sold nearly as many copies as Pearl Jam. Admittedly, STP can sound like either Pearl Jam ("Plush"), Alice in Chains ("Sex Type Thing" and "Wicked Garden"), Soundgarden ("Dead & Bloated"), or even R.E.M. ("Creep"), depending on their mood, but their hooks are undeniably catchy, making the songs much better than they have any right to be. In fact, Stone Temple Pilots appear to be the hard rock arena act for the 1990s, and that's a compliment. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Las Colinas
- Seller rating:
- Label: Atlantic (Label)
- UPC: 075678241826