Cork: Biology, Production And Uses
This comprehensive book describes cork as a natural product, as an industrial raw-materials, and as a wine bottle closure. From its formation in the outer bark of the cork oak tree to the properties that are of relevance to its use, cork is presented andexplained including its physical and mechanical properties. The industrial processing of cork from post-harvest procedures to the production of cork agglomerates and composites is described. Intended as a reference book, this is the ideal compilation of scientific knowledge on state-of-the-art cork production and use Key Features: *Presents comprehensive coverage from cork formation to post-harvest procedures *Explains the physical properties, mechanical properties and quality of cork *Addresses topics of interest for those in food science, agriculture and forestry.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Elsevier Science Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780444529671
- ISBN: 0444529675
- Publication Year: 2007
- Edition: 1