Creative Ballet Teaching: Technique And Artistry For The 21st Century Ballet Dancer
How can ballet teachers foster a dynamic environment of collaborative learning, curiosity, and creativity in their classrooms? How can they encourage their students to not only refine their technique, but to better understand themselves as dancers, informing technique with their own personalities and styles? Creative Ballet Teaching draws on the fields of Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis (L/BMA), dance pedagogy, human development, and somatic education to explore these questions. Sample lesson plans, class exercises, movement explorations and journal writing activities specifically designed for teachers help to bring these ideas into the studio and classroom. A complementary online manual, Creative Ballet Learning, provides students with tools for development, self-assessment, and reflection. Offering a practical, exciting new approach, Creative Ballet Teaching is a must-read for those teaching and learning ballet.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138669703
- ISBN: 1138669709
- Publication Year: 2017