Criminal Justice: Law & Politics
The selections in George Cole's new edition offer a provocative introduction to the criminal justice system as it has developed -- and how it exists today. Logically divided into parts which fit the criminal justice system orientation of many courses, the book includes twenty-seven classic and contemporary articles that promote understanding of important issues in the field and encourage readers to think critically about the links between politics, law, and the administration of criminal justice. Twelve new articles reflect new theoretical perspectives, interdisciplinary studies, and the recent expansion of research in criminal justice. Readers will explore everything from crime policies which do or do not work to the latest hot topics.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Bandera
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wadsworth Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9780534196868
- ISBN: 0534196861
- Publication Year: 1993
- Edition: 6 REV SUB