Crossing Sea: Southeast Asian Contemporary Photography
Crossing Sea presents the diverse practices of photography in Southeast Asia over the past decade. Along with documentary photography, photographic practices have expanded as part of the contemporary arts with new experimental and exploratory approaches ranging from recontextualizing archives, site-specific installation, performance for the camera and collections of vernacular images. Interspersed between the works of 55 Southeast Asian photographers are research extracts, essays and interviews by historians, writers and curators who have been contributing to the understanding of photography from this region. Featured artists include Andia Yoeu Ali, Agan Harahap, Angki Purbandono, Ang Song Nian, Eiffel Chong, Dinh Q. L???, Miti Ruangkritya, Piyatat Hemmatat, Wawi Navarroza, Jake Verzosa, Manit Sriwanchimpoom, Genevieve Chua, John Clang, Simryn Gill, Vincent Leong, Robert Zhao Renhui, Wong Hoy Cheong, Wawi Navarroza, Yee I-Lann and Yaya Sung.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Steidl
- ISBN-13: 9783958294950
- ISBN: 3958294952
- Publication Year: 2020