Ctrl Alt Delete: How Politics And The Media Crashed Our Democracy
Something has gone badly wrong: people loathe politicians, distrust the press and increasingly fear each other. It's easy to blame Russian trolls, Facebook news feeds, or the sinister manipulation of 'big data' -- but these are all symptoms of an abusive thirty-year relationship between politics, the media, and a new information age. Interviewing everyone from Tony Blair to Michael Gove, top journalists to Russian bloggers, and tech giant execs to online activists, Tom Baldwin describes a vicious battle for control of the news agenda, at the expense of public trust and the value of truth. He shows how technological change has hollowed out space for virulent new populist alternatives, including the so-called 'alt-right' and 'alt-left'. And he warns that not only extremists, but also the progressive centre, may now decide to press 'delete' on liberal democracy altogether. Ctrl Alt Delete is a brutally honest and sometimes funny account of how our democracy was crashed -- and whether we can still re-boot it.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Berkeley
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hurst & Co Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781787380066
- ISBN: 1787380068
- Publication Year: 2019