After spending several years in Paris, a young lady Elizabeth returns to the United States by steamship. Her father meets Elizabeth in New York, is introduced to a man who had noticed Elizabeth on the passage to America, they all travel to California by train, the two young people fall in love, and there begins the trouble. I do admit that Elizabeth's fiance was quite clever in the way he trys to blackmail his mother. It's a sweet short story with some twists and turns thrown in to keep up the suspense. Edward Salisbury Field was an American author, playwright, artist, poet, and journalist.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781500270766
- ISBN: 1500270768
- Publication Year: 2014