Curriculum Studies As An International Conversation: Educational Traditions And Cosmopolitanism In Latin America
Examining Curriculum Studies from an international perspective, this book focuses on the relations between the Anglo-Saxon and Latin American educational traditions. Informed by William F. Pinar's conceptualization of curriculum as currere, Johnson-Mardones reconsiders curriculum as an international conversation and advances an intercultural dialogue among educational traditions to put forth a more comprehensive and inclusive theory of curriculum. Moving beyond the Anglo-Saxon space and into the Global South, Johnson-Mardones brings in his own non-Western educational experience to the center of this inquiry, and situates cosmopolitanism as a necessary but complex component of Curriculum Studies.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9780815368694
- ISBN: 0815368690
- Publication Year: 2018