D. J. Enright: Poet Of Humanism
Originally published in 1974, this was the first study by a well-known critic, of the poetry and prose of D. J. Enright, a poet whose work is informed by a deep and attractive humanism. His poetry traces the contours of everyday speech, and has a strongly autobiographical character. It is engagingly spry and amusing but also serious and moving. It expresses the sensibility of a man who has spent much of his career abroad, and this international experience seems to have peculiar relevance to modern life. In addition, the book demonstrates that Enright is one of the most remarkable of recent critics in range, perception and wit.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521203838
- ISBN: 052120383X
- Publication Year: 1974
- Edition: 1