Dams In Brazil: Social And Demographical Impacts
The book focuses on the human and social effects of the construction of hydroelectric dams in Brazil. It discusses themes such as forced migrations, how the families of the victims of the dams adapt to new living areas, the struggle of families with the relocation of their homes and the fact that they are neglected by builders and government. These discussions are carried out in a comparative perspective between Southern and Northern Brazil, where contexts and living conditions are quite different. The book's main objective is to analyze the movements, adaptations and life changes in families suffering from the effects of dams throughout Brazil. This is the first book that analyzes the relationship dam-space with the intent to understand how dams affect the territory. The book is organized in three chapters: the dams' effects in Brazil and the territorial impacts; human and social consequences of dam construction; a regional comparison of the effects of dams between the South and the North of the country.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9783319946276
- ISBN: 3319946277
- Publication Year: 2018