Dangerous Trades: History Of Health And Safety At Work
A team of thirty-eight experts, many of them noted medical practitioners, contributed more than nine hundred pages of material to Dangerous Trades, the first complete survey of industrial health and safety in the nineteenth century. As well as discussing the problems of the workplace itself, Oliver and his fellow contributors compiled a mass of economic information on wages, standards of living, and general health issues--all of major importance in the reform of workplace law and working conditions in the early twentieth century.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Academic
- ISBN-13: 9781843710479
- ISBN: 1843710471
- Publication Year: 2004