The incredible story, for the first time told in novel form, of Phar Lap, the racehorse that became a champion, and then a legend. Phar Lap first ...daylight second. It became a familiar refrain from racecallers as the great horse tore up every race track and record, becoming the people's champion in 1930s Australia and abroad. For those closest to the mighty stallion it would be the ride of their lives, on and off the track, as careers, relationships and fortunes were made and lost in just a few years of unrivalled glory. Award winning author Kelly Ana Morey takes the reader beyond the racetrack histories and the popular mythologies and, for the first time in novel form, brings to life the characters and the times that turned Phar Lap into the legend he remains to this day. Equal parts tragedy, triumph, thriller and mystery, Daylight Second has a heart as big as Phar Lap himself.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- ISBN-13: 9781775540526
- ISBN: 1775540529
- Publication Year: 2018