Deficit Politics: The Search For Balance In American Politics
This Second Edition of Kettl's landmark work on public budgeting has been completely updated and is now part of the "Longman Classics in Political Science" series. Deficit Politics, as part of the Longman Classics series, features a new Foreword by Ross K. Baker of Rutgers University. The rest of the text has been completely updated. Like the original, the Second Edition puts deficit politics at the center of our political system and explores the politics of public budgeting with special attention to its historical roots (what are the traditional battles over budgeting?), economic impact (how do budgets steer the economy?), and the role of political institutions (how do presidents and members of Congress, in particular, resolve the political tradeoffs that lie at the core of budgetary policy?).
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson College Div
- ISBN-13: 9780205296972
- ISBN: 0205296971
- Publication Year: 2002
- Edition: 2