Denying Science: Reflections On Those Who Refuse To Accept The Results Of Scientific Studies
The denial of scientific knowledge has become respectable in today's society, to the point that it threatens the health of the public and the stability of our society as climatic changes due to global warming occur. So the growth of science denial goes much further than just a lack of interest in learning about the world about us. Today, some people go out of their way to try to convince legislators and the general public that scientists are not doing objective, reliable work but instead are crying wolf about imagined problems. The efforts to discredit scientific studies are funded by the fossil fuel industry and are facilitated by the existence of social media, which enable anyone to say nearly anything without being asked for evidence or for their qualifications. The topics covered in this book highlight some of the differences between reputable studies and the public relations efforts of groups that reject scientific studies in order to advance their own agendas.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Authorhouse
- ISBN-13: 9781524698072
- ISBN: 1524698075
- Publication Year: 2017