Digby: The Story Of Red Sox Scout George Digby
George Digby's life story is like a walk through baseball history. A Red Sox Hall of Famer, Digby's career spanned generations and brought a true sense of class to baseball. After his illustrious scouting career, colleagues and players alike rank him as one of baseball's all-time great scouts. With insight only an insider could have, Digger shares a host of colorful, original stories about legends, icons, and heroes, from Babe and Ty Cobb to the Red Sox owners the Yawkeys and Digby's close friend, the great Ted Williams. Digby's stories offer a truly unique look at baseball, with tales about a star-studded lineup, from Shoeless Joe to Dizzy Dean and beyond. Digger tells about being the first scout to find Willie Mays. Along the way, George shares secrets of scouting and how he signed more than 50 future big leaguers, including a player only Digby believed in - Hall of Famer Wade Boggs. Sit back and enjoy a dynamic, candid, and entertaining look at Amerca's pastime. Digby provides a rich tapestry of baseball.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781546852704
- ISBN: 1546852700
- Publication Year: 2017