Diy Cultures And Underground Music Scenes
The concept of DIY 'do-it-yourself cultural production gained critical momentum during the late 1970s with the emergence of punk. This proved to be a catalyst for the creation of a broader DIY aesthetic that has underpinned a succession of punk and post-punk music styles since the late 1970s. Indeed, to talk about DIY music scenes and cultures in a contemporary context is to talk about a phenomenon that is truly global; an alternative realm of cultural and artistic production, mediation and consumption which has a creative and inventive vitality that has endeavoured to assert itself in response to the economic and social crisis of the western world. The purpose of this book is to critically consider how the concept of DIY can be used as a means of studying contemporary underground music scenes with reference to themes such as local and trans-local connections, technological change, cultural policy, memory and heritage.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9780415786980
- ISBN: 0415786983
- Publication Year: 2018