Documents In Canadian Film
Documents in Canadian Film is a collection of readings about the past, present and future of Canadian cinema. It deals with French as well as English language films and the links and tensions between the two. It focuses on experimental as well as narrative and documentary work, and on the debate surrounding the attractions and limitations of each.Drawn from official papers as well as from scholarly and popular periodicals, Doucments in Canadian Film presents textual evidence of Canada's rich cinematic heritage and the continuing struggle to enlarge film's place in the society. Figures dealt with include Gordon Sparling, John Grierson, Norman McLaren, Claude Jutra, Joyce Wieland and Richard Leiterman, as seen through their own eyes or those of foreign and domestic observers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Toronto Pr Higher education
- ISBN-13: 9780921149248
- ISBN: 0921149247
- Publication Year: 1988