Double Dog Dare
In the brief time since surviving her first foray into murder investigations, dog walker Matilda Smithwick has lost a girlfriend, inherited a spare house, taken on more business than she can reasonably handle in her current location, and sworn off any and all detective work. When her old friend and client Leigh Matthews begs Maddie to prove she's innocent of the murder she seems to be the prime suspect for, Maddie has no choice but to return to amateur sleuthing. Along the way to finding the real killer, Maddie comes up against Leigh's hazy, alcohol-infused memory of events, the surly and unpleasant Detective Fitzwilliam and a list of potential suspects longer than most epic poems. Meanwhile, her best friend Dottie seems to be avoiding her (in favor of her irritatingly efficient new assistant), and an ex-lover returns to complicate Maddie's life and her investigation. Can Maddie stay focused long enough to clear Leigh's name and stay out of danger? Double Dog Dare is the second book in the Matilda Smithwick Mystery Series.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bella Books Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781642470062
- ISBN: 1642470066
- Publication Year: 2018