Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde: The Play
Gilbert writes so well that you half-suspect he could give up the day job." The Independent. This dramatic version of Robert Louis Stevenson's novel, 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde', brings out the full horror of the original story as well as being a compelling play in its own right. Stevenson's narrative has been adapted so that six actors can perform it. This is the only stage version which is genuinely faithful to the text, using Stevenson's words where appropriate, as well as his chapter headings. It would be ideal for students to perform in small groups, particularly if they find the original text difficult to understand. There are comprehension questions and creative tasks to answer on every scene so that students can check their understanding and develop their own personal responses.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781495975011
- ISBN: 1495975010
- Publication Year: 2014