Drawing Into Architecture: The Sketches Of Antoine Predock
Known internationally for designing buildings that take their inspiration from the land, Antoine Predock explores many of his ideas about architecture through the fluent medium of drawing. This collection of 172 sketches, many published here for the first time, surveys nearly fifty years of his work.Presented in a format that evokes Predock's sketchbooks, the drawings are arranged according to the logic of their internal topologies. Like a M bius strip, they fold back on themselves, equating objects in space to drawn connections on a surface through a continuous process of transformation.Whether sketching sites around the world or designing buildings, Predock has learned through years of experience to condense multiple sensations and ideas into line and color. Christopher Curtis Mead traces Predock's aesthetic impulse back to the primal sense that through drawing we reach out to touch the world.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of New Mexico Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780826357083
- ISBN: 0826357083
- Publication Year: 2016