Duchess Of Buffalo
Directed by Sidney Franklin, Starring Sidney Franklin, Tullio Carminati, Rose Dione, Marian Duncan, Constance Talmadge, Chester Conklin, Edward Martindel, Jean De Briac, Lawrence Grant, Martha Franklin
Constance Talmadge's sole 1926 effort was the forgettable comedy The Duchess of Buffalo. Set in a country that seems to be Russia, the story gets under way when Lieutenant Vladimir Orloff (Tulio Carminati) falls in love with American chorus girl Marian Duncan (Constance Talmadge). Likewise fascinated by Marian is Grand Duke Gregory Alexandrovich (Edward Martindel). When Marian receives a diamond stickpin from an anonymous admirer, the Grand Duke is given what-for by his wife, while Orloff is sentenced to be shot at sunrise. Teaming up with Marian to rescue the Grand Duke from a court scandal, Orloff is spared from execution and permitted a happily-ever-after with the heroine. Based on the Hungarian play Sybil, The Duchess of Buffalo didn't do quite as well at the box office as Talmadge's previous vehicles. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Traditions Alive
- UPC: 842614100314
- Region: Region [unknown]