E. B. White: The Essayist As First Class Writer
"This is the first book-length critical study of E. B. White, the American essayist and author of Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web, The Trumpet of the Swan, and coauthor of The Elements of Style. G. Douglas Atkins focuses on White and "the writing life", offering fresh, detailed readings of the major essays and revealing White's distinctiveness as an essayist due to his capacity for story-telling and his use of literary devices"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9780230340664
- ISBN: 0230340660
- Publication Year: 2012