Edmund: A Father Or Brother?
Edmund was thought by some to be Caleb's father rather than an older brother. Edward Franklyn Browning (EFB) wrote a book in 1908 that was titled "Brownings in America" that was a wonderful book explaining the genealogy of both the southern and northern line in America of the Browning family. EFB makes disclaimers that his book did not always have sources to back up what was printed but that he was diligent in his work and when he did not have a source, he used the best estimates available based on good reasoning. Some people jumped on that reasoning and, . based somewhat on a legal Will, claimed that Edmund was not Caleb's brother, who EFB states was born in 1734. Some say that Edmund was really Caleb's father and that Caleb was born later. Edmund was a good father however as the will indicates. He moved from his birthplace in Virginia where he became a prosperous farmer and land owner. He was married earlier in Virginia and moved to North Carolina in the latter part of the Seventeenth Century.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781726444385
- ISBN: 1726444384
- Publication Year: 2018