Education Reimagined: A Space For Risk
Taking risks is how humans learn. It is how humans have always learned. A person sees a problem, takes in the available information, and tries a solution. It is in that process - whether the goal is understanding a Shakespeare play, figuring out an algorithm, or writing a theory of history - that engaged learners make breakthroughs, be those breakthroughs individual, group, or societal. In this book, three experienced practitioners describe how to re-imagine teaching spaces - conventional schools - as learning spaces, spaces where risk is encouraged, celebrated, and actually taught in every area of endeavor: from how, where, or if to sit, to how to find the right pathway to learning. In bringing the stories of a central office Innovation director together with an elementary teacher and administrator and a veteran secondary teacher leader, Education Reimagined: A Space for Risk demonstrates how fundamental change is possible in any school
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781475828559
- ISBN: 1475828551
- Publication Year: 2019