Educational Policy, Narrative And Discourse
This collection of Allan Luke's key writings on educational policy, curriculum, and school reform follows the development and use of critical discourse analyses to study educational policy and practice. Turning to a series of narrative analyses of the relationship between politics, culture, economics, and education, Luke`s writings address the challenges of shifting from an academic and scientific critique of policy to `getting your hands dirty' in the making of state educational policy. The volume includes international examples of policy formation for social justice and equity, and closes with an auto-ethnographic view on policymaking and the need for increased critical, sociological evidence-based educational reform. Together with its companion volume, Critical Literacy, Schooling and Social Justice: The Selected Works of Allan Luke, this collection gathers Luke's seminal key writings spanning the fields of education, applied linguistics, sociology, and cultural studies for the benefit of scholars, students, teachers, and teacher educators around the world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9781138502932
- ISBN: 1138502936
- Publication Year: 2018