The soundtrack to a movie that was barely released, Empire Records is a fine collection of mainstream alternative pop/rock, featuring two hit singles -- the menacing Motown-meets-Bowie pop of Edwyn Collins' "A Girl Like You," and the folky "Til I Hear It from You" from the Gin Blossoms. The rest of the album is hit-or-miss -- mostly noticeable for the debut appearance of the Martinis, a new band from former Pixies Joey Santiago and David Lovering -- but it is enjoyable, nevertheless. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Stone Ridge Market
- Seller rating:
- Label: A&M (USA)
- UPC: 731454038423