Entertainment & Politics: The Influence Of Pop Culture On Young Adult Political Socialization
Now in its second edition, Entertainment & Politics is an essential text for understanding how young people acquire and hold political beliefs over time. In this updated and expanded edition, the author reaches beyond the U.S., including research on Canada, Great Britain, and Ireland to investigate a broader international picture of the effect the entertainment media has on the socio-political beliefs of young people. The book examines the many ways that the entertainment media influence young people, and the extent to which young people's beliefs differ from those of their parents, teachers, and peers. Findings indicate that media's influence does not fit into neat "conservative" and "left/liberal" patterns, but interacts with parental and peer influence in heretofore unexamined ways. This up-to-date text is designed for undergraduates, graduate students, professors, and interested lay readers.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Peter Lang Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781433106439
- ISBN: 1433106434
- Publication Year: 2009
- Edition: 2