Environmental Health Engineering In The Tropics: Water, Sanitation And Disease Control
This fully updated third edition of the classic text, widely cited as the most important and useful book for health engineering and disease prevention, describes infectious diseases in tropical and developing countries, and the effective measures that may be used against them. The infections described include the diarrhoeal diseases, the common gut worms, Guinea worm, schistosomiasis, malaria, Bancroftian filariasis and other mosquito-borne infections. The environmental interventions that receive most attention are domestic water supplies and improved excreta disposal. Appropriate technology for these interventions, and also their impact on infectious diseases, are documented in detail. This third edition includes new sections on arsenic in groundwater supplies and arsenic removal technologies, and new material in most chapters, including water supplies in developing countries and surface water drainage.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781844071913
- ISBN: 184407191X
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 3