Equalities And Inequalities In The English Education System
This book is about social categories such as gender, race, dis-ability, intelligence, sexuality and class, as they are used in education. Knowledge of and about them and their effects is central to how we can understand society, equalities and inequalities within it, and educational relations. The evidence to support the claims being made in this book are traces and footprints about educational events, happenings and experiences. However, these claims have the potential to allow us to develop understandings of those ever-changing mechanisms of gender, class, dis-ability, intelligence, race and sexuality that constitute our lives. The aim of this book is to develop a more coherent account of how these social and educational mechanisms work in society. There is no more important task in the field of education than this, and one that has the potential to transform our understandings of these matters and hence our educational practices.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Trentham Books Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781858568270
- ISBN: 1858568277
- Publication Year: 2018