Equipping James Bond: Guns, Gadgets, And Technological Enthusiasm
"In Equipping James Bond, Andr?e Millard provides readers with a hundred-year history of espionage technology through the lens of Ian Fleming's James Bond character and the gadgets integrated into both his novels and films. This book takes a wide-ranginglook at factual (as well as fictional) technology, starting with the beginning of military aviation spanning through the contemporary threat of computer hacking. Millard views the fictional James Bond universe--and its wide popularity throughout the twentieth century--as evidence for both popular Whiggish perceptions of technological development as well as the borderline apocalyptic fear of technology's potential threats. As technology developed in the twentieth century, Millard contends, so did the gadgets of the James Bond universe--Bond and his adversaries evolved alongside rapidly developing technology. According to Millard, Bond, Ian Fleming, and the global fandom of the James Bond novels and films were simultaneously enthusiastic about triumphant perceptions of growth and technology and fearful of their potential ramifications"--
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB North Lamar
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781421426648
- ISBN: 1421426641
- Publication Year: 2018